My first radio internship?!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
10th-14th June 2019
Reprezent Radio 
Brixton, London


Usually I would go through each day by day on what I got up to but I have a lot to catch you up on! 


I knew about Reprezent for a while now and I thought that the form on their website only applied to those who wanted to become presenters! So I emailed them instead and asked if they offered work experience. They replied so quickly I was pleasantly shocked! 

I am picky with where I do my placements and I did pick Reprezent for their vibe, the type of music, their brand and their cool social media presence they emitted. 

My tasks were uploading the shows to mix cloud, cleaning and editing music tracks, doing artwork, filming the shows and editing them and updating the schedule on their website. I learnt so much during that week, and everyone was dead nice I told myself I can't see myself leaving yet. 

I got to meet an amazing amazing presenter, her and her team let me help and sit in on her show. She then invited me to help out every Tuesday until further notice. I cannot express how thankful I am for her team and her. I have learnt so much and have had amazing opportunities due to being helped out by her. 

Me as a Broadcast Assistant on the show 



After my week ended I literally knew I wanted to stay on and asked. And here I am volunteering in production every Wednesday until I go back to uni. Although the journey is not over I would like to say that I am very thankful for the people and experience I have gained at Rep. It means so much to me, they have helped me grow in confidence as well as in my skills. 

On Wednesdays my tasks are helping out with the production account, emails, doing artwork, filming, making schedule videos and social media. 



Reprezent has made me fall in love with radio and broadcasting. they deserve so much and I can't wait to help and see the station grow. 

When looking for placements, emailing is never a bad thing, be confident speak to people, say hello and make connections. You do not have to be the loudest in the room to make people like you, its okay to grow within yourself but mostly say yes and step out of your comfort zone, because you will never know if you like doing something until you try it. Sometimes you also have to try things more than once to like it too. 

 Always supporting and voting for you.

Josephine Beth-xx

Follow me on my social medias:
Insta: Jxsiiee_
Twitter: Sweetjojo247
Snap: Joseyposey247



Comments

Popular Posts