My First Internship: Week Four!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
9th July 
London 
10:00am - 18:00pm 


I have been putting this post off for such a long time, due to so many things but I am mainly going to blame the episode app, because I have been embarrassingly obsessed reading stories and waiting for the passes to come through. Anyway onto the post...

How did I get the internship?

This is always the first question I have on my mind when someone has shared their experience or opportunity. I actually used Instagram tags to find a magazine internship, I also found the internship advertised much earlier on a site I am subscribed to called FYI  as well as on Twitter. But I put off emailing them, eventually I just emailed the person explaining what I am interested in, what I do at uni and that I am a blogger, I even was brave enough to add a bit of character by ending the email with an "x". The biggest thing for people is the first step, that first email, that first day then after that you should be a little less nervous/anxious, worry free basically.

What did I learn?

I learn't how to layout articles to the companies style. I learn't what transcribing is, how to write up recipes. I learn't how to use Wordpress for an online magazine purpose, for example inputting a product grid and crediting pictures. What it was like in a online magazine, the atmosphere, what daily things happen, the daily tasks and routine. How to be more open, independent and work in a team where it changed every other week due to new people coming in.

What am I thankful for?

I am so thankful to be able to know what it is like in this company, I am so lucky that I loved my time there and it was my first one. Because not every place is going to be perfect or not everyone is going to be nice. I am so grateful for the whole office as they were so lovely, and the other interns. This experience has also opened me up to other jobs that I could do within a magazine/ online magazine. The job that did intrigue me was a Videographer, they film and edit videos for social media, this is no surprise because I do Broadcast Journalism at uni, but before this internship it never crossed my mind. I have always had it in my mind that I wanted to be an editor, but there are so many other paths in the industry that I want to be apart of. I am also very thankful for the friendships I have made, I am so lucky I have bonded really well with one girl and she goes to my uni! Even though I get so distracted and lazy when I am away from uni and my replies are horrible, I definitely want to keep this friendship because she is such a lovely girl and will hopefully get to meet up with her and go out with her when we are at uni! Also thank you to her for giving me the forms for the placement that we have to complete.

What would I do differently in the future?

In the future, I would be more confident to ask questions to ask to do stuff and to get more involved. Even though I was chatty, I don't usually push my luck and I hold back, so it did take me a few days to fully feel comfortable with people. Next time I will stop thinking too much and get to know everyone and talk more, I mean you can't be annoying if your intention is just to be friendly and be nice right?

Thank you for coming on this journey with me, and I can't wait to write up more experiences. I honestly enjoy sharing my life.

Until next time...

Et voilà ! xo 


Always supporting and voting for you.

Josephine Beth-xx

Follow me on my social medias:
Insta: Jxsiiee_
Twitter: Sweetjojo247
Snap: Joseyposey247

Comments

Popular Posts