Choosing the right friends

Usually, as you get older it gets easier to tell the traits in people that you don't like or that you do, therefore making it easier to choose and associate with the right people.
In primary school I started off with a fairly big group and it just whittled and got smaller as we grew older. In secondary I had 4 different friendship groups, that was due to my poor judge of character. People say that your school days are the most important and fun times of your life, however things that make it fun and memorable, are the people you are with and the atmosphere in your environment. As I am a bit older now, I can tell what people are good for me to be around and what people aren't. Since I moved schools in year 10 I have been with this friendship group in school for over a year now, and honestly they are amazing people and I am proud to say that I know them.

Personally, I have never had a group that I would hang out with 24/7 outside and inside of school. Ultimately, It would be nice however I am fine with just one or two people to rely on if I need them anytime.

The reason for picking carefully is so that you do not get dragged into unwanted drama, fights or arguments. You also do not want to be in a position where you have to choose sides or between people.

I am all for giving people the benefit of the doubt however if you ever get a hint of something that you do not like, do not hesitate to remove yourself from that situation.

So how do we ensure we choose the right people?
  • They have to be encouraging and supportive
  • Similar interests or goals
  • If you give, they give - vice versa
  • They are happy to help you
  • People who listen and give you time to talk
Remember that one is better than none, you do not always need a group to hang with outside of school, just surround yourself with people that make you happy. If you feel as if in school it is not going great because of friendship groups, or just friends in general, remember that you might not know them in the future. Think positive and look up, we are all on your side, just be happy and look at the bright side because there is always going to be one person who cares about you.

Always supporting and voting for you.                                                       
Josephine Beth-xx





Comments

  1. Yeah totally true one is better than none! haha same the reason why I kind of want to go to another sixth form rather than the one attached to my secondary is because I want to meet new people, and make new friends. Fresh start and all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts