Dream vs reality

Have you ever remembered something that happened in the past that no one else could remember. And when you hear people saying that they don't remember it, it makes you doubt yourself? It makes you think whether you dreamt it or it actually happened.

There's this quote that goes like this: "I don't know whether I'm alive and dreaming or dead and remembering"

There is this rule that I kind of stand by, that is to never doubt yourself. This can be in any situation, e.g. if you do an exam and there is a tick box question, first you tick a box you think is right, but then you change your mind and cross out that box and tick another, however you find that when you  get the results back the first box you ticked was right. Not all the time but usually your first answer would be right. People say it takes 7 seconds to make a decision, e.g. If you feel like saying hi to someone but you are too shy, if you say hi within 7 seconds you will ultimately be less afraid than after those 7 seconds, therefore you have the courage, as it is done quick and easy and you can't take back your words. 

While we are still on the subject of doubt there is another saying. That if you love someone but then love another person at the same time, the second person you fell in love with is the one you love; this is because if you were really in love with the first person you would not have fallen in love with the second.

So how can you tell between dream and reality if the memory was so distant it seemed like a dream? In all honesty the only way is to confirm with someone else. Otherwise you have to remember that even though the past did exist, the past also in a way doesn't exist anymore, this is simply because we as a generation right now cannot re visit or re live the past.  Therefore it is up to you on how you remember your memories, as they are your memories. This may seem like crazy talk but saying you can't tell the difference between reality and dreams does not mean you've lost touch with reality. Now with our technology right now the best way to remember for the future are pictures, videos and the internet. If we did not have those then would we be able to tell the difference between dreams and reality? How do we know the books we read now aren't reality but dreams? other sources maybe.

Can you tell the difference between dreams and reality if it were to be a distant memory of the past? If so, how do you do it?

 Always supporting and voting for you.
Josephine Beth-xx

Comments

  1. I recently came across your blog and I love it!

    I really love how you have different stuff, such as study tips, general advice, and relatable posts in general.

    Can't wait to see what you write next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu! so much that means a lot, I love your name I cant describe it haha. I read The perfect text post of yours and that was like super relatable, thanks again!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I'm glad you read it and found it relatable!

      Although this probably isn't the right place to write these comments (I probably should be doing this on the correct posts), I loved your point of view/opinion on your Public buses - Adults vs children post, and your Motivation post will surely come in handy in the future! Haha :)xx

      Delete
  2. I don't wear a watch and look at my wrist sometimes. I know I'm dreaming if I start wearing a watch. Hopefully I never black out or something and buy a watch, then I'd end up doing something stupid. As if blacking out isn't.

    Anyway, if you don't mind foul language here's my blog: zuulsspacebar.blogspot.com

    Have a good one, I'll be checking beck from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, that's cool I remember watching a movie where the guy could go in to peoples memories and If the memories weren't real the clocks wouldn't be working. That has no relevance but it just reminded me of it.

      Thank you for reading though! yeah I will check it out for sure! Thanks again

      Delete
  3. For me, memories are usually attached to some sensory perception. For example, a certain smell will trigger a memory, or a certain sensation or sight will trigger a vision from the past. Whether the events were a dream or reality, I can usually rely on whether it is attached to a particular sensory element.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dreaming but I live in my reality. ♥♥ Great post Beth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah, thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. I stay in reality but constantly dream until I can't tell them apart. Familiar experiences keep popping up and I can't place them.

    Love how the way you write! I can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome yeah I get that when there is a long period of time between the present and the memory it is hard to remember it exactly as it was.

      Thank you so much! thank you for reading and commenting too!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts