Science Exam revision tips

In a few months I will be doing my real science exams for GCSE. GCSE's are one of the important sets of exams needed to progress to the next step which is sixth form or college to take a levels or courses. For me the sciences were one of the ones I had to really study hard as its mostly written information that you have to take in. Here is what I do:
  • I make notes about each individual sciences from the textbooks in a notebook
  • I highlight and colour code the subject
  • I rewrite the notes into smaller notes onto revision cards ( you must be thinking why? well I will tell you)
I rewrite it because the more you write something the quicker you will remember it, there is a saying where you have to write something at least 15 times to remember it. Of course I know different people learn different ways but this is my way. Also I write notes because it is less to remember and skim reading is a perfect skill for all subjects.
  • Lastly, I test my knowledge with past exam papers from the exam board with the correct higher tier.
Furthermore, that is how I prepare for my science exams. Since the exams are coming up quick I am trying to revise early so I do not need to do last minute cramming which in a worst case scenario will not help me to remember anything.

For everyone with future exams coming up little or small every practise helps and good luck, I also wish luck to those waiting for offers for sixth forms because It is making me nervous as heck not knowing whether I will get an offer or not.
Always supporting and voting for you.
Josephine Beth-xx

Comments

Popular Posts